Physics, the study of matter and energy, is an ancient and broad field of science. The word 'physics' comes from the Greek 'knowledge of nature,' and in general, the field aims to analyze and understand the natural phenomena of the universe. The Department objectives are:
1. Strengthen the concepts developed at the secondary stage to provide firm foundation for further learning in the subject.
2. Expose the learners to different processes used in Physics-related industrial and technological applications.
3. Develop process-skills and experimental, observational, manipulative, decision making and investigatory skills in the learners.
4. Promote problem solving abilities and creative thinking in learners.
5. Develop conceptual competence in the learners and make them realize and appreciate the interface of Physics with other disciplines.