The study of computer science in our school helps students hone their skills in problem solving, abstraction, careful and critical thinking, management of complexity, and clear and concise communication of ideas. These are important, general skills useful in every discipline and useful for life. Furthermore, the computer itself is an important general tool, used in almost every discipline. The Department objectives are:
1. Develop basic computational thinking. Learn how to reason with variables, state transitions, conditionals, and iteration.
2. Understand the notion of data types, and higher order data structures such as lists, tuples, and dictionaries.
3. Appreciate the notion of an algorithm, and understand its structure, including how algorithms handle corner cases.
4. Develop a basic understanding of computer systems - architecture, OS, mobile and cloud computing.
5. Learn basic SQL programming.
6. Learn all about cyber safety.